PERSONAL COMMITMENT: A CATALYST OF GOOD DISCIPLESHIP
CHRIST APOSTOLIC MISSION CHURCH
2019 NATIONAL SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS CONFERENCE
THEME:- PERSONAL COMMITMENT: BASIS OF CHURCH GROWTH
TOPIC: PERSONAL COMMITMENT: A CATALYST OF GOOD DISCIPLESHIP
Pastor Samson Arowojolu JP (DGS)
TEXT: LUKE 9:23-26; 1CORINTHIANS 9:24-27; PHILIPPIANS 3:13-17; EPHESIANS 4:1.
A disciple of Jesus Christ is anyone who believes in the birth, the death, resurrection and His second coming.
He also confesses that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and accepts Him as his Lord and savior.
A true disciple meets the understated condition.
- Self-denial and cross-bearing Matt. 16-24
- Renunciation. Luke 14:26
- Leaving all. Luke 14:33
- Steadfastness. John 8:31
- Fruitfulness. John 15:8
To be able to achieve the above five conditions; there is the need for Personal Commitment which is the subject of this paper.
What is Commitment?
Commitment is personal surrender of one’s spirit, soul and body to pursue what he wants to achieve. In the case of becoming a good disciple; it is the surrender of one’s spirit, soul and body to do the will of God and of Jesus Christ.
How do we Show our Commitment?
- Love one another and love the work of God John:15:12-16.
- Love God and His Son, Jesus Christ above the things of the world Luke 9:23-27.
- Self-discipline 1Cor.9:23-27.
- Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called.
- Keep on doing the work you are called. Eph. 4:1
- Do not be satisfied with the past achievements, break new grounds Phil. 3;13
- Work to receive reward from God. Phil.3:14
- Be humble before God and man.
How to Develop Personal Commitment to the Work of God.
- Read the Bible day and night to develop your spirit and faith.
- Act upon the Words of God.
- Develop a good prayer life.
- Keep friends that are ready to work for God.
- Never be discouraged by what people may do to you. Focus on Christ.
- Have a specific work you are doing for God.
God bless you all.