GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING
GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING
TEXT> Exodus 5:22-6:2
Many times when are faced with unpleasant challenges, such as terrible sickness, marital sadness, business collapse, persecutions, loss of a beloved, etc. we become so dejected, feel uneasy, we start running helter-skelter. Sometimes, we raise our voices to ask “why me”.
Human mind is incapable of grabbing the whole essence/reason why most things happen; and many times we think that definitely God must have forgotten us, or that He is “out of His mind”, lost His power to deliver.
Does God really know what He is doing? If yes, then why does God allow those terrible and unpleasant things happen to us?
- When the widow of Nain lost her only son (Luke 7:11-17)—why? Is there any justifiable reason for that?
- The man born blind (John 9)—why? After all, the eye is the lamp/light of the body. Isn’t God wicked, or perhaps He only made the mistake in that He forgot to make eyes for that unfortunate man?
- The man who was sick for 38 years (John 5:1-5)—why? Think of 38 years in the life of a man/woman. It is really a long time, indeed.
- Simon labored fruitlessly the whole night (Luke 5:4, 5) –why?
- Abraham was asked by God to sacrifice his only son (Isaac), even at his old age, when there was no hope of having any other issue thereafter (Gen. 22:2, 16-17). Why?
- If God really meant well for joseph, why did He (God) allow joseph to suffer so much?
- In September 2014, I was transferred to Nasarawa State (north central part of Nigeria); a place where I do not understand their language nor custom.
Beloved, considering each of the stories above (and many more that are not even mentioned), you will agree with me that they are stories of he who laugh last, laugh best. All the above mentioned stories ended well, with God taking the glory eventually. Romans 8:28 says “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”.
In Exodus 5:22 to Exodus 6:2 Moses did not know why God allowed His people to be so afflicted; but God told him ‘by the time I finish and execute my plans, you will be astonished’ (emphasis mine).
What to do when we face unpleasant situations (Psalm 46:10; Ex. 14:13; Mark 4:39)
- Keep your faith in God –don’t murmur. Trust Him because He knows what He is doing; though you don’t.
- Do not entertain any fear.
- Keep on serving Him (Ex. 23:25; Deut 28:47).
- When you get to your Red Sea, remember your deliverance from Egypt.
- When you get to the wilderness of your life, and all hope seem lost, do not forget the miracle at Red Sea.
- When the wall of Jericho stares at you, refusing you passage to your promised land, never forget how river Jordan gave way before you.
No matter, always remember this: GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. He really has a surprise for you.
PRAISE HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN
BB Pin: 58B00155